3 rue de Monastir tel: (33) (0)3 80 74 03 63
21000 Dijon tel: (33) (0)6 33 69 62 99
France e-mail: email@example.com
|TEACHER, LECTURER, CONSULTANT
Business, Gastronomy, Sociology, Special Events Management
Domains of Expertise
- Definition and elaboration of pedagogical programs
- Create training videos
- Evaluation and follow up of personnel
- Lecturer, jury member for diploma
- Classes in Gastronomy and Identity, Sociology and History of Food, Food Safety and Consumer Behavior, Restaurant Business, European Union and International Culture
- Experience in management and human resources
- Managed production, sales and distribution personnel
- Development and follow through of new ventures
- Communication and public relations
- Wrote commercial sales manual
- Liaison between the American Embassy and the company
- Development of wholesale service
- Opened stores in New York City
- Managed chain stores and franchises
- Collaboration with architects on concept and image
- Realized marketing and packaging projects
- Creation of French bakeries in New York
- International desserts at the United Nations
- Produced a line of “Light” frozen desserts
- Consultant for: Cointreau America, Lenôtre Paris, Chocolat Valrhona, Disneyland Paris, SEB, Cassis Boudier, Danone, Lacanche, Tupperware.
Initiator/Organizer of Special Events
- Thanksgiving Dinners for 250 people as a Benefit in several cities in France.
- Conference on French and American Culinary Historical Relations at the American Ambassador’s Residence in Paris with food and wine tastings.
- 4-14 Festival: Celebration of the Music and Food of France and America. World famous musicians and starred chefs from both countries shared their talents with an enthusiastic public in Dijon. www.4-14-festival.org
- Public & press relations, raise funds from the public and private sector.
PROFESSIONAL CAREER: 1978 – 2011
- Organizer of the 4-14 Festival 2009 in Dijon www.4-14festival.org
- Professor and Lecturer: Burgundy School of Business, Dijon; Université de Bourgogne, ENSBANA; ISIPCA; ENSIA; ISAB; EHESS; Sciences Po Paris; Université de Toulouse, CETIA, ERIT; New York University; and the American Embassy in Paris.
- Member of Pilot Committees, “Dijon Ville Santé”, for Dijon and “Bien dans Mon Assiette” for the Burgundy region
- Culinary instructor in classic French and international cuisines
- Researcher for the European Commission on “Animal Welfare”
- Research Associate, Sociologie: Université de Toulouse, Mirail
- Writer : « Arts & Gastronomie Magazine »
- Radio Show Host: interview authors of books about food on RCF Parabole
- Sales Trainer: Ecomarketing, Chenôve
- Regional Director: Société Cjys, Gevrey-Chambertin
- Owner Operator: La Bonne Pâtisserie, New York City
- Pastry Chef: United Nations Hotel, New York City
- Commercial Administrator: Lenôtre Paris, Plaisir
- Sous-Chef & Pastry Chef: Domain Chandon, Yountville, California
1983 Certificates in Human Resources Management and Management Communications – ESSEC, France (IMHI, Cornell University)
1982 Certificat D’Aptitude Professionnelle, French Government Certificate in Pastry Arts
1982 Certificat Escoffier- Ecole Hôteliére Jean Drouant, Paris
1980 Certificates in Pastry, Cooking, Catering, etc. Ecole Lenôtre
1970 Bachelor of Arts in Sociology and Education, City University of New York
Publications : « Ces hommes qui cuisinent », éditions Agnès Viénot, 2005, « On Baking », Labensky, (contributor), éditions Pearson, 2005.
Préface « A La Découverte des aliments » de Charreau, Etienne et Ingagriola, Educagri, 2006. « Scènes Gourmandes », J-J Boutaud, (contributor), J-P Rocher, 2006. Articles in « le Bien Public » and « Papilles ».
Birth Date: August 27, 1947 Marital Status: Married
Nationality: American and French